ADAPT is Ireland’s global centre of excellence for digital content. Recently awarded €50 million in additional funding, it is a world-leading multi-institutional research centre. It combines the expertise of researchers at four universities with that of industry partners to produce ground-breaking innovation in digital content that is revolutionising the way people interact with content, systems and each other.
ADAPT’s cutting-edge technologies enable businesses in all sectors to analyse, personalise and deliver content more effectively to drive engagement, reach and revenue.
- Analysing media, content and customer interactions
- Enabling global reach through innovative machine translation
- Transforming and delivering personalised content
- Extracting actionable knowledge and information from digital content and user interactions
- Empowering innovative customer engagement and interaction across media
- Pushing the boundaries of human speech and gesture recognition to enhance human-machine communication
Many of ADAPT’s 200 researchers collaborate on research projects with industry partners. Its current projects include:
- Developing Linked Data publishing pipelines for Ireland’s geospatial data service
- Extracting actionable information from unstructured financial data
- Delivering personalised content for targeted customer segments
- Enhancing translation productivity
- Detecting trends, patterns or offensive content in social media
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- University College Dublin
- Dublin Institute of Technology
Industry and Commercialisation
By enabling deeper engagement for users, ADAPT enhances efficiencies and global reach for a range of industry partners in industries such as ICT, localisation, financial services, eCommerce, eHealth, media, entertainment and games, life sciences, digital culture and humanities, and eLearning/education.
- Content-aware multilingual search and discovery technologies
- State-of-the-art interactive information retrieval and meta-data semantics models
- World-leading language technology systems
- Personalisation and delivery applications for textual and multi-modal content
Education and Public Engagement
ADAPT’s All Ireland Linguistics Olympiad (AILO) challenges secondary school students to develop their own strategies for solving problems in unfamiliar languages from around the globe.
They also collaborate with Science Foundation Ireland and the SFI Research Centres to support a wide range of education and public engagement initiatives.